los gatos Remodeling Contractors | los gatos custom home builders

Unincorporated San Mateo County Building and Remodeling Information

Some properties in San Mateo County are not part of a town or city. While a property has a city or town address, public services are actually provided by San Mateo County, including services such as planning, development review and building permits. The zoning rules and building procedures are different between unincorporated county lands and their respective cities. The Development Review Center (DRC) handles permit applications for all unincorporated areas of San Mateo County which include: Portola Valley Ladera, West Menlo Park, Los Trancos Woods-Vista Verde, Menlo Oaks, Sequoia Tract, and Emerald Lake Hills.

To determine whether your property is located in unincorporated San Mateo County, you can either inquire with your local city building or planning division, or check online with the Zoning Maps forUnincorporated San Mateo County tool.

San Mateo County Planning and Building Department

455 County Center, 2nd Floor
Redwood City, CA 94063
Planning Telephone: 650.363.4161
Building Telephone: 650.599.7311

San Mateo County Code of Ordinances The noise ordinance in the county is more lenient than in incorporated cities such as Menlo Park. Chapter 4.88 of the San Mateo County Code of Ordinances regulates noise. Construction is exempted from the County's noise ordinance provided activities do not take place between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. weekdays, 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays or at any time on Sundays, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Menlo Park Custom Home Builder
Custom Home Building
Unincorporated San Mateo County
Menlo Park